RE: I lost yaboot!

A million thanks !!!!!!!!!! The "Cmd-Opt-P-R" solution worked just perfect!
Thanks again everyone for the understanding and all the help!

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Gimpelevich
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 8:39 AM
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: I lost yaboot!

On most (but not all) models that use yaboot, you don't need to bother with a LiveCD or d-i to restore a lost yaboot. Just boot with the Option key and yaboot should be an option. A different method can work depending not on the model, but on your partition layout, and that is to zap the PRAM (Cmd-Opt-P-R). Since you have already pasted your parted output, I can tell you that this second method WILL work for you, guaranteed. No mounting, no chroot, no ybin necessary, unless of course you already messed everything up by overwriting your bootstrap partition with ybin from d-i.