Re: Xorg upgrade breaks keyboard settings on powerbook3,3

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:51:35 +0200
"Teemu Ikonen" <tpikonen@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:

TI> Hi all,
TI>
TI> The xorg upgrade in etch made the keyboard on my TiBook unusable.
TI> Strangely enough, I could only type numbers and punctuation, but not
TI> alphabetical characters. Thus I could only code in perl :)
TI>
TI> I got my system working by changing theXkbModel to "pc105" from
TI> "macintosh", but now the umlaut characters on my Finnish keyboard do
TI> not work. Could someone please give me a hint on the right xorg
TI> keyboard setting in powerbooks?
TI>
TI> Here's the xorg.conf keyboard section which I have at the moment:
TI>
TI> Section "InputDevice"
TI>         Identifier      "TiBook Keyboard"
TI>         Driver          "keyboard"
TI>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
TI>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
TI> #       Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
TI>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
TI>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "fi"
TI> EndSection
TI>
TI> Teemu

I had a similar problem when upgrading my iBook G3 from Ubuntu Breezy to
Dapper, with the gb keyboard -- however in my case it was only the top
row of keys that worked, so there was only a limited subset of
punctuation. I also had to use pc105 and also switch KDE from using the
gb layout to the us layout (it remains gb in the xorg config file). (I
even tried using an external keyboard
with the same results). Unfortunately on the Ubuntu lists I didn't get
any answers.

Sorry I can't give more help, but you're not alone.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |