Re: make-kpkg kernel_image fails with current kernel

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:49:22AM +0200, Thorsten Gunkel wrote:
>> Thorsten Gunkel <tgunkel-lists@tgunkel.de> wrote:
>> > # make-kpkg kernel_image
>> I tried to build it the traditional way (make instead of make-kpkg
>> kernel_image) and this seems to work. Here the Kernel image is placed in
>> arch/powerpc/boot/ and not arch/ppc/bot/
>> It has been mentioned in this thread that there was a name change so I
>> retried with
>> make-kpkg --arch powerpc kernel_image
>> but this seems to be ignored. Maybe the whole problem is #344833 or
>> #342767. I'll retry with a newer kernel-package
> Since make-kpkg is used to build the official images, and those official
> images build fine, there should be no problem. arch/ppc is indeed broken for
> any powermacs, and there is no chance of it working. Still, recent make-kpkg
> should be able to detect the right thing all by themselves, and should be
> fine. I did provide the patch myself. If you have still problem with it, you
> need to file a bug against kernel-package, and please C me on the bug.

# fakeroot apt-get source -b make-dfsg
dpkg -i resulting debs
# fakeroot apt-get source -b kernel-package
(with sources pointing to testing) and I can indeed built kernel images
again :-)

Thanks to #debianppc (and especially _rene_) my
| Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on uknown-block(0,0)
problem is also solved. I forgot
,----
`----

> Friendly,
> Sven Luther

| # uname -r
| 2.6.17-rc5

And Airport Extreme works out of the box:

| # iwconfig eth2 | grep eth2
| eth2      IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:"XXXXX"  Nickname:"Broadcom 4306"

thanks
 Thorsten
--
http://www.tgunkel.de