Re: snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

On 5/23/06, Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd@spring.luon.net> wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 11:20:29PM +1000, Paul Collins wrote:
> Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:25 +0300, Eddy Petri??or wrote:
> >
> >> Any chance for 5,2 ? What is needed for it? Codec only?
> >
> > I don't know. If you try loading the modules, the kernel will tell you
> > something about an unhandled layout id. Alternatively, you can find the
> > layout-id file in your /proc/device-tree/ and tell me the number in it.
> > The rest I can figure out.

I wanted to test on my PowerBook5,2. Uhfortunately i can't find no layout-id
file for the sound device or any other layout-id file for that matter:

Same machine here; I have cloned the aoa repo and "made" it.
Insmod didn't work on any other module but the the soundbus, and
resulted in a missing symbol.

This is on a 2.16.17 kernel

--
Regards,