Re: DVD-RAM Mac Format HFS

Nick J. Fuller wrote:

what have you tried? does mount /media/cdrom work?

On 12/05/06, Richard <cms01@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

How can I get linux to read mac formated dvd-ram,
when I put in a mac formated dvd-ram, nothing happens.

Thanks -
Rich

Here is what I have tried
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda3       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hda4       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdc

(with the dvd-ram media installed)

rick007@g4:~$ sudo mount -t hfsplus /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
      missing codepage or other error
      dmesg | tail  or so

rick007@g4:~$ dmseg | tail
bash: dmseg: command not found
rick007@g4:~$ sudo mount -t hfs /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
      missing codepage or other error
      dmesg | tail  or so

Syslog
May 13 02:17:18 localhost kernel: [89790.958204] HFS+-fs: unable to find HFS+ superblock May 13 02:19:15 localhost kernel: [89907.963590] VFS: Can't find a HFS filesystem on dev hdc.

Again, if I put a blank dvd-ram, with the ufs (universal format) it loadeds it, and copies to it.

Also, while I at this, I do have a second hard drive, shown in file browser,
its identical to my first hard drive, however, I want to format that drive,
as fat32 just for storage. ( HOW )

Thanks +++
Rich