Re: accessing hfs journeling in 2.6.16.14 fixed?

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 03:59:47PM -0700, Adam D wrote:
>> Has anyone else not been able to access HFS journaling file
>> systems?  Ever since I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.16.12 and have
>> been able to access HFSX but lost any mounting of HFS journaling.
>> Is this fixed in 2.6.16.14?
>
> I can mount /dev/hda3 (my HFSplus partition from MacOS 10)
> with -t hfsplus without problems on 2.6.17-rc3.
> As I have build this support as a module, I have to do
> 	modprobe hfsplus
> before doing so.

I can mount the HFSplus as well but not with journeling turned on.  Now with my 2.6.13.1 kernel which I have been using since last year has been working with journeling enabled and can mount all my HFSplus journeling partitions.  When I updated to the 2.6.16.12 kernel I can now mount HFSX which is GREAT :)  but I then lost all capacity to mount any of my HFSplus with journeling.

Was there a change to the kernel code?  Everything is still the same as it was in my other working kernel and it was compiled directly into the kernel.

-Adam