Re: Usermodelinux for ppc

On 5/7/06, Stefano Melchior <stefano.melchior@openlabs.it> wrote:
On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 12:59:34PM +0200, Saladino wrote:
Hi Saladino,
> After trying qemu I am now trying uml. I cannot compile it because it
> searches the subarch as powerpc and the Makefile that exists is
> Makefile-ppc, not Makefile-powerpc.
> May I have troubles if I do SUBARCH=ppc ?
> I am doing something wrong?
I am Stefano (http://alioth.debian.org/pkg-uml) one of the UML
maintainer team for debian.
I can not build a uml kernel for ppc because the uml patches officially
in the kernel tree are only for i386 and amd64.
There were some try to create a uml patches for ppc, Chris Emerson did one
for 2.4.6 and Aswin Tanugula for 2.6.12.
I see.
So, if I download the 2.6.12 kernel and apply the Tanugulas patch i
could run uml in my actual system(with 2.6.17-rc3 kernel) or it does
matter what is the hosts kernel?
Thanks for your time.
Saladino