Re: no mic on ibook g4

I have the same problem, with an iBook G4 of the late 2005. As far as I
could tell, it is not detecting any recording devices (and, prior to
kernel 2.6.15, I had to manually apply a dirty hack to the kernel source
for sound to function properly).

Denís.

###########################
# Denís Fernández Cabrera #
#    denis@ceibes.org     #
#  gatonegro.ceibes.org   #
###########################

Bin Zhang wrote:
On 5/4/06, Paul Brossier <piem@altern.org> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 04:27:25PM +0200, Paul Brossier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't been able to record from the microphone of this ibook g4 since
> at least 2.6.14 and up to 2.6.17-rc3.

can anyone confirm this? it used to work before iirc.

This happens to me too !

I don't use the microphone for a long time.
I've just tested the microphone. Now the microphone doesn't work on my
ibook G4 1.2 Ghz kernel 2.6.17-rc3.

Best regards,
Bin

cheers, paul

piem@pomme:/home/piem
$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Snapper        ]: PMac Snapper - PowerMac Snapper
                      PowerMac Snapper (Dev 38) Sub-frame 0
piem@pomme:/home/piem
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 533.333000MHz
revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
bogomips        : 36.73
timebase        : 18432000
platform        : PowerMac
machine         : PowerBook6,5
motherboard     : PowerBook6,5 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
pmac-generation : NewWorld