[Addendum] Re: KDM/KDE Login screwed after dist-upgrade today

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 05:30:54PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi All
>
> On tty1 I enter a
> /etc/init.d/kdm start
>
> After getting the KDM/KDElogin screen I type in my password for an
> underpriviledged user, try to login with that, the login screen
> disappears, the display is getting black, and I'm thrown back at the
> same login screen again.
>
> [ ... ]

.. and I have no problem to have a working X session with FVWM, via a
'startx' from some tty ...

And this

says kdm is the culprit: I doubt that, as the packages upgraded today
do not seem to be KDE/KDM packages. Right?

Regards
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on