Re: Ignore accidental input

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 08:09 +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Nope, something like 'dont send mouse clicks when the user taps the
> touchpad'. Ignoring events while typing we can already do in user space.
> Figuring out if the mouse button was hit, or just the surface of the pad
> is something only the kernel driver can handle.

Looking at the code again, you can already do that in userspace by
seeing the difference between BTN_TOUCH (tap) and BTN_LEFT (button).

I haven't been able to come up with a proper patch, whenever I don't
send any touch events to userspace I don't even get a mouse movement any
more.

IOW -- a patch that completely disables the touchpad is easy, but one
that simply ignores tap events doesn't seem to be possible for some
strange reason.

johannes