Installation produces a strange /etc/modules file

Hi,

I just installed etch on my "new" [1] G4 Mac Mini using a recent daily
build. Installation was really smooth (and the Mac Mini may well be
the most enjoyable Linux computer I've over owned).

The odd thing was this /etc/modules file I was left with:

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

apm_emu.load
ide-cd.load
ide-disk.load
ide-generic.load
sbp2.load
snd-powermac.load
sr_mod.load

Huh? What are those .load extensions all about? Any ideas? This does
seem really broken (at least with 2.6.15-1-powerpc)

Thanks,
Shyamal

[1] the mrs reclaimed the dual G5 tower...