Re: kernel 2.6.16 on powerbook G4: Oops when loading sound module

> yeah, I know how to load a module. I mean, in the boot sequence modules
> are autoloaded, and i2c-powermac is loaded *after* snd-powermac, so the
> oops.

Sorry, I wasn't sure what precisely you were asking about. Add
i2c-powermac to /etc/modules to force loading the module early in the boot
process.

For a more elegant way to do it, see the modprobe.conf man page.

install snd-powermac /sbin/modprobe i2c-powermac; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-powermac

should do what you need.

	Michael