Re: Kernel Question (Johannes Berg?)
- To: Sammy <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Kernel Question (Johannes Berg?)
- From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 02:33:25 +0100
- Message-id: <20060303013325.GB3206@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20060302213249.GA3206@localhost>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060302213249.GA3206@localhost>
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 10:32:49PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > 2- Will this affect the aptitude upgrade process? I mean, if I'm successful,
> > how can I prevent aptitude from overwriting my kernel?
> I never heard that some upgrade whatsoever would delete a kernel - if
> a new kernel is installed by some upgrade routine the links in / will
> be rewritten. But that's about it. All you probably have to do is to
> create new links in / according to your needs. After installing a new
> kernel I'd make sure to check and rewrite, if necessary, my
> yaboot.conf; or whatever boot manager file there might be sitting.
after doing the above ...
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + + /AIM: crashinglinux/
Key ID: E3037113