Re: Apple iSight

This is very annoying. I suppose Apple assume that anyone choosing not
to use the internal mic will do so for quality reasons and buy external
soundcards.

I found a simple mic preamp circuit here:
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/micamp.html

and I'm planning to use it with this electret condenser mic:
http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=ECM-DS30P&site=odw_en_GB&pageType=TechnicalSpecs&category=ACC+Microphones

which looks like it's good quality and nicely built too. This should
work OK and is probably the best way to go - I've been in touch with the
maintainers of the iSight audio drivers http://lsight.sourceforge.net/
and will not hold my breath for any progress soon.