Re: Kernel handling of vector registers

i was wrong, i misread the first question, and he told me, GMP is in
userspace. by kernel "handling of the SIMD regs" he meant the switch from
one userspace task to another, i think.

what do you mean by "in a limited context"? Can you use SIMD in kernel
code regs if you avoid preemtion?

joerg

On Fr, 24.02.2006, 01:24, Benjamin Herrenschmidt sagte: