Re: mouseemu conflicts with ikeyd

> My kernel is 2.6.8-powerpc (default in sarge). Any ideas why mouseemu
> behaves in such a way?

Well, all of them need to receive events in some way. mouseemu grabs
keyboard and mouse devices for exclusive use (meaning events are not
passed on to other processes) in order to suppress the key events
associated with the mouse button emulation keys. The kernel event
interface does not leave any other option there. Events other than
emulation key events are passed on to other processes via a virtual
keyboard and virtual mouse device.

In some mysterious way, this event passthrough does not always work. 2.6.8
is a bit old, maybe that's part of the problem. devfs/udev may also be
interfering. Order of process startup may matter - mouseemu creates the
virtual devices, so starting that first, making sure the virtual devices
work (e.g. you can still type :-) then starting the others should help.
pbbuttonsd rescans for new input devices if so configured. ikeysd I'll
have to check.

In order to diagnose your setup, we'd need a dump of your
/sys/class/input/ - like this:

ls -lR /sys/class/input/
find /sys/class/input/ -type f -print -exec cat {} \;

(as root).

Doing this once after starting each of the event-eating processes might
help in sorting out which process creates what, and which input device
finally messes it all up. Make sure you have recent versions of pbuttonsd
and ikeysd, of course.

	Michael