Re: AEC6280 problem at boot

Hi everybody,

With the help of Thibaut and Benjamin (see previous posts) I was
able to get the card running! Thank you a lot!

I downloaded the source of the 2.6.8 kernel (which is a Debian
package), applied Thibaut's patch and compiled the resulting
patched kernel as described in the Debian manual:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/ch08s04.html.en
  http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

(In my case I also had to make an initial ramdisk, man mkinitrd,
something which I think is not covered in the above manual.)

Many thanks,
Kaspar