Bash,/dev/null and errors

Hi everyone,
i've been experiencing this strange error for about 1 month now.
I am using Xfce4/Xorg on an ibook 14" and i've tried many kernels but
the problem persisted.
Sometimes, i cannot reproduce it nor find the sequence of steps that
lead to the problem, the system will boot, X will start but ANY
terminal i try (xterm ,eterm, aterm, kterm, the gnome one, the xfce
terminal and so on) will flash for a moment then disappear.If i keep
pressing alt+f3 (my terminal keystroke) or clicking on the terminal
icon for _many_ times it starts (after many other "flashes") and goes:

bash: /dev/null : permission denied

again and again (i see the scrolling line getting smaller) then i hit
ctrl+c and it stops, it goes back to my prompt and then works perfectly.
I have found no kernel versions since 2.6.11 not doing it (without a
pattern, since sometimes they work perferctly, then not, then again
and so on) and no kernel version doing it always.

Kernel bug?
bash bug?
all-the-above-mentioned-terminals bug?
my error?
even chmodding 777 (as root) /dev/null did not solve the problem.

----------------
I have also a problem regarding sound

alsa_ctl: No such device

and graphic card (ati radeon):

[drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
[drm:drm_unlock] *ERROR* process <XORG PID> using kernel context 0

errors in 2.6.16-rc2, but i think it might be a
udev/rc-kernel problem, so it does not matter that much.

Any hints about the bash/terminal problem?

thanks a lot
bye

--
	 Andrea Lusuardi aka UoVoBW