gphoto 2

Hi all

I have a mini mac, running sarge. The standard 2.6.8 kernel makes no sound, so I have installed the stock 2.6.15 kernel from www.ppckernel.org which fixed the sound problem. OK so far so good :)

My digital camera works fine with gphoto2 and gtkam using the 2.6.8 kernel. Using the 2.6.15 kernel causes gphoto2 and others to error.

According to the developers at gphoto2, I should update my libgphoto2 to at least 2.1.6 (currently at 2.1.5). Apt says this will break kde and a bunch of other stuff.

Any suggestions? I already reboot to import my pix, but that is a pain :) Can I force apt to install libgphoto2 and leave the rest of my install alone?

tia

david