Miboot FREE? [was Re: [OpenFirmware2.4] Can't boot on cdrom ('loader: unrecognized client program format')]

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:23:54AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:10:27AM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

[...]

> > If miboot works OK, on that model (on my perfomas the cpu will run at
> > 1/10th speed when booted by miboot), I could make you a miboot
> > boot-floppy to boot into the installed system
>
> Maybe we could make have miboot to be listed in mkvmlinuz's bootloader, and
> have code in /etc/kernel/postinst.d to automatically create the miboot floppy
> for you on installs.
>
> Now that miboot is being freed, this would be a neat solution.

WHAT IS THIS? HAS MIBOOT BECOME FREE? COOL. Where can I read more
about it?

> Any volunteer to recode the boot sector based on the information Piotr
> provided ?

Sorry, I would like to but doesn't have the skills needed.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. Why is top posting bad?