Re: Random hang when waking from sleep on ibook G4 + 2.6.14.3 kernel

Le dimanche 05 février 2006 à 19:56 +0000, Joerg Sommer a écrit :
> I can confirm this bug. I see it since the update from 2.6.13.1 to 15.1.
>
> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
> revision        : 0.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
> motherboard     : PowerBook6,3 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
> detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
>
> Bye, Jörg.

I forgot some details on my config :
% cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 606MHz
revision        : 0.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
bogomips        : 610.30
machine         : PowerBook6,3
motherboard     : PowerBook6,3 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 640MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

So this is basically the same, i think (mine is a 800MHz G4).
The memory upgrade comes from a cheap brand, but i don't think it causes
such crashes (i had about 2 strange crash in 2 years, on MacOS X, that
may have been caused by bad RAM) as this problem occurs more often.
Finally, my ibook had is hard drive replaced (after a HD crash), but i
don't think i damaged anything...

Some questions now :
- Did the 2.6.13.1 solve the oops problem when an USB peripheral was
plugged when sleeping ? (compared to my 2.6.12)
- Did you activate PREEMPT in your 2.6.15.1 ?

I'd be interested in this details.
Thanks

Benjamin Cama