Re: How to disable 'rivafb_pan_display START' at boot ?

Hello, I have had the same problem. In my case, the problem comes from
GRUB bootloader.

The steps that I have followed are:

     1. Select the option of your operating system of the grub menu.

     2. Press 'e' to edit the commands before booting

     3. Go to the linea that begins with the word “kernel”

     4. Press 'e' to edit the selected command in the boot sequence

     5. Insert “vga=791 video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr”, at the end of the line.

     6. Press 'b' to boot.

If those options for “vga =” and “video =” parameter does not work, test
other:

vga = ask

vga = normal

vga=0x318

video=vesafb:mttr,ywrap,1024x768-32@85

Consults the file /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt for more
information about the valid options for the parameters.

Once it initiated correctly the system, don't forget to modify of the
same form the corresponding line in the /boot/brub/menu.lst file.

Regards,

José Antonio