Re: pbbuttonsd beta on new Powerbook5,8

Hello Michael,

On  26 Jan, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> Things to check:
>>
>> - whether Debian's mouseemu indeed has bad define for KEY_UNKOWN
>>   (from old kernel),
>
> You bet it has. After all, the new fn keys were added to input.h only
> recently, no?

Hmm, KEY_UNKNOWN has been at 240 for quite a while; there was room for
more keys before it. Specifically, it has not changed when the last
buttons were added, which were the KBD illum keys (added sometime around
june 2004). This is in kernel 2.6, so if mouseemu was built against 2.6
headers, then it is unlikely there would be a problem.

Now, 2.4 is another story. I just checked 2.4.22 (ok, that one is
_old_), and it has KEY_UNKNOWN at 220, _before_ even the ILLUM backlight
keys. 2.4.28 also still has it at 220; and I don't expext it to change
after that.

Now, I have not tried whether mouseemu even builds at all against 2.4
headers, and I have no idea if it is easily possible to have 2.4 headers
under /usr/include/ on a reasonably current Debian system.

Should there be a build dependancy for mouseemu on 2.6 headers?

But on the other hand, I just tried to check what value of KEY_UNKNOWN
is compiled into mouseemu-0.15-2, and I seem to have found that it is
indeed 240, the correct value.

So something else must be different in the 0.15-2 deb vs. my locally
compiled version.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |