Re: Suspending the Mac mini?

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 13:37 +0100, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my Mac mini to enter suspend/standby/sleep -- whatever
> it's called. I just want it to be quiet when not in use, and quick to
> start back up where I left it when I want to. :) Like the OS X "Sleep"
> function.
>
> I'm not sure what to do, or even if it is supposed to be working at all.
> After searching the net, which didn't bring up much, I got the
> impression that doing

I never took the time to get the video chip to come back up... I'll try
again one of these days. In the meantime, the only option is Suspend To
Disk. Part of the problem is in order to debug the wakeup process, I
send PMU commands to blink the front LED, but for some reasons, these
don't work on the mini... I've started back then hacking some stuff to
send random junk to the sound chip instead :) But i never quite
finished.

Ben.