iBook G4: screen garbled in Gnome after today's upgrade

Hello there list,

I have some problems with my iBook G4 (ATi 9200).
Today I updated my Sid after some time and I installed as much of Gnome
2.12 I could and upgraded completely X.org to 6.9.
The result is that the desktop keeps reloading itself like this:

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7052/image0445jz.jpg

The applications called from the panel work good (look at the terminal for
example), as do actually the icons on the desktop.

I wouldn't file a bug until Gnome 2.12 is completely in Sid-PPC, but I
suspect this behaviour to be nautilus-related.
Any comments? Thank you and sorry for the poor picture :)

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449