Re: Linux on new iMac G5 PowerMac12,1 -- OK, Windfarm???

I now got a full running Debian Linux system setup on my iMac G5 PowerMac12,1 "i-Sight" using the 2.6.16-rc1 kernel and netinstall via Debian etch.

-Network (eth0): OK
-using append="video=ofonly": works OK
-needed to disable any X attempts and gdm (crashes), console only works OK. (No X)
-build-in hardisk workes fine

I have one question about the windfarm stuff, what happens here?:

if I boot into Linux via yaboot directly (no OF commands), then the Windfarm stays at some comfortable (and usual) slow speed for some time, as I was playing around in linux suddenly it speeded up to max and stayed there. What happens here, is there some kind of emergency control already?

-Percy