Re: AGPGART driver for ArticiaS - ioremap() problem

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 02:59 +0100, Gerhard Pircher wrote:

> Yes, I see. :( The code mostly allocates the resources for the AGPGART
> driver beyond the real memory space, thus preventing the X server to work.
> Sometimes the resource is also mapped to where the resource of the graphic
> card resides (address 0x88000000, compare with the included iomem file).

The AGP aperture should generally be located "outside" of those spaces.
That is above RAM and in some place where no device already resides...
It can be made to overlap RAM but that isn't a good idea (that's what
happens on Macs though due to a bug in the Apple chipset).

> Please take a look to the attachments. But the allocation seems to be
> different now! Strange!? At least the AGPGART driver is not allocated to bus
> 1.

I don't see anything related to AGP in your output... you didn't post
the lspci as root thus it's missing all the useful infos ;) Also, the
AGP base isn't generally a PCI BAR of the bridge... it is one in your
case ?

Ben.