Re: quik 7300 Auto of scan range

> > > To get this sorted out, tell us more:
> >
> > - what monitor are you using? Apple? Third party?
> > - if third party, what adapter? With video mode switches? How are the
> >   switches configured?
> > - did you install a display manager, that would be started
> >   automatically, i.e. your system would boot to an X-Windows interface
> >   instead of only text mode?
>
> Most likely not, the problem appeared first boot after first stage of
> debian-installer and X is installed in the second stage.
I have two monitors, one Apple 15AV ( in Brasil that monitor was sold
with PowerMAC 6500 ) no adapter, this monitor has apple 15 pin
connector, And a Sony Multiscan 100SF with adapter bundled with it (
in MAC OS 9 and X this adapter allows me to set all resolutions and
frequency the monitor can do, even 1280 x 1024 x 70Hz )
The behavior is the same with both, the only difference is the Apple
15AV do not show the "out of scan range" msg, just remains yellow the
led ( when something correct is sent to it the led turns green and,
off course, something is displayed )
No third party video card, but I can get a ATI Radeon 7000 PCI to test
purposes, it can help ?
And, after a boot in the Mac OS 9 ( after a one more failed try, the
eleventh in 3 days ! ) I found something in the System profile, it
identify the machine as "7500/7600 WGS 8550" and not 7300, probably
the motherboard was changed in some service at local apple provider,
but I am not shore, but the machine is in fact a 7500/7600 instead
7300 .
And yes, no X installed, and it will not be, the intend is use this
machine ass firewall/ftp, managing remotely via ssh/webmin, so there
are no need of X server .