Files for BootX

Hi,

I am on my sixth attempt to install Debian on a Powerbook G3 (Wallstreet). I am out of ideas. I have OpenFirmware < 3.0, so I tried the following:

1. boot from floppies. four floppies, two different writing methods; I think my floppy drive is too picky.

2. BootX: I could have sworn I downloaded the ramdisk.img.gz file from Debian, but, now I go back and cannot find it. I made it the farthest with this method. I got to the point where it asks for the installation CD, but, then the installer could not find the files rescue.bin and powermac/drivers.tgz. I could not find these anywhere on the CD, either.

3. yaboot. Did not work as the documentation said it would not.

4. Quik: I could not figure out how to create a unix partition for this program to use. I tried the Apple "Linux Home" partition, but that did not work. I was skeptical that Apple would support Linux anyhow.

Acutely aware of the patience of the readership, I present the following questions in decreasing order of importance:

a) Where do I get the ramdisk.img.gz and linux.bin files BootX is looking for? The installation CD and the ftp site seem to be pushing yaboot and floppies.

b) Is BootX the way to go? I would like to have both MacOS9 and Sarge on the same machine. It seems reasonable and, like I wrote previously, it seemed to work the best for my setup.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Chris