[solved] A stupid question about windfarm

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:35:44AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote :
> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 23:32 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I installed sid's 2.6.15-1 kernel on a 8,1 powermac, and modprobed
> > windfarm_pm81. The module loads, but noting changes. Google searches
> > with keywords as G5 and fan control point me to the kernel patches. Am
> > I missing some userland software ??
>
> There are problems with building it as a module, I'd suggest building it
> in the kernel. Also, make sure you have i2c-keywest and i2c-pmac-smu.

Forget about my previous mail, I think what happened is that a make
clean is needed if arch is changed, and I had typoed --arch powercp
before restarting with --arch powerpc...

The fan control seems to work well when built directly in the kernel:
the machine is very silent, and the fan seems to turn a little bit
faster if there is load on the processor. Thank you very much, Ben !

Shall I file a whishlist bug asking the modules to be build directly in
the debian-powerpc kernel, or is it overly bureaucratic as Sven will
likely read this mail ?

--
Charles