Re: HFS/HFS+ mounting problems: HFS-fs: Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only.

On 18:38 Tue 03 Jan 2006, Jesus Climent wrote:
> The other day I unplugged my iPod from the computer before unmounting it. It
> refused to mount rw, so i used hpfsck to destroy the contents of my iPod.
>
> Mac OS X came into rescue to restore the white gadget, but there after i am
> unable to mount it under Linux to perform the needed operations. It complains:
>
> HFS-fs: Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only.

Just to get a simpler map over here: You were mounting rw the iPod and
then unplugged it without unmounting and then you could mount it but
without writing privileges?

After that, you restored it with MacOS but then you weren't able to have
it mounted at all (not even reading only)?

Is that what happens?

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/
		   <damog@debian.org>  |          GPG: C671257D