Re: Poll: debian/powerpc woody users ...

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 12:19:45PM +0100, Ernest Demaret wrote:

> Op 5-jan-2006, om 11:46 heeft Sven Luther het volgende geschreven:
>
> >On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:26:08AM +0100, Ernest Demaret wrote:
> >>
> >>Op 5-jan-2006, om 11:09 heeft Sven Luther het volgende geschreven:

> >>I'm still using 2.4.27 on a PowerPC Nubus machine.
> >
> >2.4.27 is the sarge kernel, the woody kernel where those random
> >2.2.x ones as
> >well as the 2.4.18-newpmac kernel.
>
> Aha. In that case it might be interesting to mention that I still
> have a machine (PCI) running on a 2.2.20 kernel since that's the
> highest version that can run the PowerMac 9500/200. Never found out
> why a higher version doesn't work. Pity though. This machine is fast
> enough for the work I give it. When I find the time I'll try one of
> the newer kernels on that machine.

But is it an official debian kernel ? I believe that the newest 2.6.15 kernel
should work on this machine, could you try them, and make sure to file a bug
report if it does not.

In fact, linux-image-2.6.15-1-powerpc should run on this machine, together
with yaird or initramfs-tools.

Friendly,

Sven Luther