Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

On 11/27/05, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

Do you have an idea when the problem started ?

On my system, the sudden shutdowns started when I upgraded from Ubuntu Hoary to Breezy. It looks like Breezy provides either kernel 2.6.10 or 2.6.11 (I probably had upgraded to the latter but I am not certain now), and Breezy uses 2.6.12.

I know it doesn't match other people's experiences, but on this Wallstreet II (so far) I have not had any sudden shutdowns after disabling pbbuttonsd 0.7.1 ... Now I've installed the 100 Mbps PCMCIA card that may have made the shutdowns happen more frequently (but tornadoes are moving in so I'm about to shut down).

Unfortunately I have not yet compiled and tested a kernel with CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=n (I ran out of disk space). Later....