Re: Powerbook6,8 issues

> So we have no hope ? :'-( Nothing ? Nada ? no ugly hack ? no dirty
> workaround ? maybe not shutting down the nvidia chip completly ?
> something ?

The shutdown of the chip is under control of the PMU which I don't think
can be told to not do it (or if it can, I don't know how).

It's probably possible to reverse engineer the chip wakeup procedure
with lots of time & effort & access to the HW, neither of which I have.
I know the HaikuOS driver has some basic code to "interpret" the scripts
in the x86 ROMs used to reboot the chip, and it seems nVidia Open
Firmware does provide them on ppc via an OF property (NVDA,BMP iirc),
but that's all I know at this point.

Ben.