Re: Powerbook6,8 issues

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 09:39 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > The most annoying thing for me: The laptop doesn't suspend at all, I
> > still have my old ibook g3 with a radeon m7 and the sleep support is a
> > feature I'm very attached too. I'm a experienced C developer (no kernel
> > experience however) and would like to try to work on this, but I need
> > some pointers (Ben? :-), as I understad the problem with the sleep
> > support is the rivafb module not supporting the resume operation. Is
> > there any documentation on the chip ? refence code ? ways to reverse
> > enginer the os x driver behavior? (tools and methods). I would really,
> > really, really love to have this working.
>
> The problem is that there are no specs whatsoever from nvidia, nothing
> at all, and the MacOS X driver afaik isn't an "ndrv" (thus can't be
> "spied" using my old ndrver tool)

I found this:

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/be-hold/BeOS/NVdriver/
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/graphics/nvidia/
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/accelerants/nvidia/

They seem to have support for 'coldstarting' the card, isn't it what is
needed to wakeup the chip? (i really know next to nothing about this
stuff :-( (they also seem to have some 3d accel but that's another
story).

Greetings.