Re: hfs boot floppy versions

Rick_Thomas schrieb:

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 19:59, Christian Müller wrote:
@Sven: 20051031 boot.img works, but it will not throw out the floppy when it asks for the second disk root.bin - there is no soft eject command issued, I guess. As you surely know, apple forgot the hard-eject knob on most of their floppy drives and that makes it a slight problem to continue at this point...
thx in advance for having a look.

Christian,

There is a tiny hole just below and to the right of the floppy slot.  If
you insert an unbent paper-clip thru it, you can make the floppy eject
manually.  It's a pain, but it (usually) works.

Rick
Thx much, somebody pointed that out before, so I've got past that point. However, I'm having trouble now to get the ide devices recognized - I think devfs is used. I don't see any devices below /dev/ide ... - maybe someone who had this problem before and solved it can tell me what to do (didn't try latest floppys yet, though)

Christian