Re: Install Problems on Mac Mini

Sven Luther wrote:

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 08:39:21PM +0100, Fritz Wettstein wrote:
Hello,

I try to install Debian/PowerPC_etch and always get "Couldn't find thes debs" after choosing Base Install! What's goin' on here?

I did an etch install today, using the graphical installer miniiso at :

 http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/gtkdi/

and it worked well out of the box, so my guess is you are making a mistake
somewhere, but since you provide no clear info of what you have done, i cannot
help you more.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

Thanks Sven,

I've done the guided partitioning, after that I've started the Base Install an this results in "couldn't find thes debs libsigc++-1.2-5c+02". The information on syslog, tty3 says noting meaningfull.

partman:

1   32,3KB               Apple
2   32MB       boot   untiteled
3 512MB swap 4 12,7GB ext3 PPCLinux /

syslog:

usage: /usr/lib/debootstrap/pkgdetails PKGS mirror packagefiles pkgs ... or /usr/lib/debootstrap/pkgdetails FIELD mirror packagefiles pkgs ... or /usr/lib/debootstrap/pkgdetails GETDEPS mirror packagefiles pkgs ... or /usr/lib/debootstrap/pkgdetails WGET% mirror packagefiles pkgs ...

df -k:

/dev/cdrom/cdrom ....                            /cdrom/
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part4....       /target/

Cheers, Fritz