Re: gtk d-i miniiso rebuilt

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 07:57:22AM +0200, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> On 11/5/05, Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> wrote:
> > On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:50:09 +0100, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> >
> > > Please test and give feedback through debian-boot and/or BTS.
> >

>  Only thing I've noticed, colors are not quite right in the debian logo,
> > and the mouse pointer carries a square around itself. Small things, the
> > d-i looks working in a great way.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I know the issue, but there is no bug report about it.

Ok, i built my own installer and saw the same problems as above, i think it is
an endianess bug in gtkdfb, since the mouse background seems to be
redish/rosaish, which smells like a color problem. What is the color depth
used by the graphical interface. The logo is quite strange too, it seems as
two color planes are disjuncted and decaled by 10 or so pixels to the bottom
left, but maybe this is supposed to be a shadow or something, and instead of
being grayish comes out rosaish ? Also the top fonts seems quite uglily
anti-aliases, or not anti-aliased, the effect is not perfect.

We have another problem though, on powerpc the ps2 input stuff are modular,
and we already load atkbd and i8042, but i think we also need to load psmouse,
if the mouse is supposed to do something.

There is a last problem i found. I tried switching to console 2, to
investigate some stuff, which was possible with ctr+alt+F2 (why ctr, i thought
we where not running X, could the behavior be changed to the normal alt+f2 ?),
bt after a few second, the screen kinda flashed, and was returned to the main
console, with the graphical interface continuing its work. I am not sure we
saw this problem already, but either we need to provide tabs of some kind and
put the graphical consoles there, or fix that. Any idea why this happens ?

Nice work in general though, a big thanks to all involved, altough i am
impatient of this going mainstream and not needing an extremely huge initrd
like right now (19MB or so), which plays hell with the pegasos firmware. (i
had to relocate the kernel elf to 64MB for it to not overwrite the firmware
code at 16MB or the initrd which is being copied down from 64MB).

Friendly,

Sven Luther