Re: Powerbook5,6: keyboard's backlight

Jesús,

My PB 5,2 with pbbuttons 0.7.2-1 (Debian/Unstable) works perfect!
I have custom 2.6.14-2 kernel, all the functions keys works, but I have
to press FN + key (for me is naturall to have F1-F12 as normal keys).
For what I can see, you don't have the corrects key codes (unless that
something changes in the newer PBs).
Your pbbutons config is pretty the same as mine, but I have differents
codes en these values:

LCD_IllumUpKey        = 225
LCD_IllumDownKey      = 224

KBD_IllumUpKey        = 230
KBD_IllumDownKey      = 229
KBD_IllumOnKey        = 228

VolumeUpKey           = 115
VolumeDownKey         = 114
MuteKey               = 113

Regards
   Federico

Jesús de Cos Pérez wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a powerbook5,6 15" recently bought. Mi message is about keyboard
> backlight ilumination which does not like to work. I have installed
> pbbuttonsd | gtkpbbuttons-gnome | powerprefs. I have the kernel modules
> to run sensors (i2c-dev and some others). When running powerprefs, in
> the "bulb tab", the "keyboard"
> and "Autoadjust" tabs appear in grey (not accesible). How can I do to
> run keyboard's backlight? I read about the daemon lmud but I don't know
> how to get and install it.
>
> Can anybody help me? I enclose my /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf
>
> Regards.
>
> # Configuration file for pbbuttonsd >= version 0.5
> # for options see man pbbuttonsd.conf
>
> [SYSTEM]
> #userallowed           = ""        ; user who is allowed to use IPC
> autorescan            = no        ; automatic rescan of event devices
> CmdTimeout            = 8        ; timeout in seconds for launched
> scripts, etc.
>
> [MODULE PMAC]
> dev_PMU               = "/dev/pmu"
> dev_ADB               = "/dev/adb"
> TPModeUpKey           = 225 + alt
> TPModeDownKey         = 224 + alt
> TPMode                = notap        ; 'notap', 'tap', 'drag' or 'lock'
> KBDMode               = fkeysfirst    ; 'fkeyslast' or 'fkeysfirst'
> Batlog                = none        ; 'none', 'cycle' or 'log'
> NoTapTyping           = no        ; switch trackpad to 'notap-mode'
> while typing
>
> [MODULE POWERSAVE]
> onAC_Policy           = performance    ; 'nochange', 'powersave',
> 'custom' or 'performance'
> onAC_TimerAction      = none        ; 'none', 'suspend-to-ram',
> 'suspend-to-disk' or 'blankscreen'
> onAC_CoverAction      = suspend-to-ram    ; see TimerAction for possible
> values
> onAC_KeyAction        = none        ; Action (see TimerAction) for the
> sleepkey
> onAC_SuspendTime      = 0
> onAC_DimTime          = 0
> onBattery_Policy      = powersave    ; 'nochange', 'powersave', 'custom'
> or 'performance'
> onBattery_TimerAction = none        ; 'none', 'suspend-to-ram',
> 'suspend-to-disk' or 'blankscreen'
> onBattery_CoverAction = suspend-to-ram    ; see TimerAction for possible
> values
> onBattery_KeyAction   = none        ; Action (see TimerAction) for the
> sleepkey
> onBattery_SuspendTime = 0
> onBattery_DimTime     = 0
> SleepKey              = 116
> SleepKeyDelay         = 0        ; values > 0 may be dangerous, if the
> power key is used to trigger sleep
> BWL_first             = 22        ; first battery warnlevel, time in minutes
> BWL_second            = 10        ; second battery warnlevel, time in
> minutes
> BWL_last              = 3        ; last battery warnlevel, time in minutes
> [...]

- --
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /
Public GnuPG key avaible at: http://www.keyserver.net              X
1024D/203E154B 2003-10-03 Federico Gamio <federico@gamio.net>     / \
Key fingerprint = 0B9E 3A19 C88B EBAC 5422  C05F 76B5 B922 203E 154B
sub  2048g/32D2F465 2003-10-03 - Key ID: 76B5B922203E154B