Re: Moving the kernel between a debian partition and a mac partition

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 09:45:06AM -0600, Rex Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed debian onto a Beige G3, and now I need to move the kernel
> and the ramdisk between the debian partition and the mac partition so
> I can use it with BootX. Does anyone know how to do this?

Mount the mac partition :

  mount -t hfs /dev/hdaX /mnt
  cp /boot/vmlinux-2.6.12-1-powerpc /mnt
  cp /boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-powerpc /mnt
  umount /mnt

provided /dev/hdaX is your mac partition and you have kernel version
2.6.12-1-powerpc.

Friendly,

Sven Luther