Re: sleep / suspend on Mac Mini?

On 2005-11-02 21:33:55, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 01:05 +0100, Felix C. Stegerman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get sleep / suspend (to disk / ram)
> > working with a Mac Mini ? Or has anybody tried and failed ?
>
> To disk should work. To RAM will work once I finally take the time to
> reverse engineer the video chip wake up code.

Thanks for the info.

I've tried to get suspend-to-disk working, but I'm not really getting
anywhere. I've rebuilt my kernel w/ support for swsusp, and installed
hibernate. But it just doesn't seem to do anything. I do get this
error though: "/bin/echo: write error: No such device"

I can't figure out what's wrong.
Do I need any kernel patches? Or did I forget something important ?

Felix

P.S. Please don't TO or CC me. I'm on-list. ;-)

--
Felix C. Stegerman <flx@hccnet.nl>

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."
 -- R. Kulawiec