Re: mol modules for kernel 2.6.14

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:16:48PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 the mental interface of
> Sven Luther told:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:22:49PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter
> > wrote:
> [...]
> > > So build the package withe the provided patch of #328826. There
> > > must be more "Tiger Users" on the list to test it?
> >
> > Well, join the alioth pkg-mol (or whatever it is) project and make
> > sure any set of random patches get applied to the svn repo.
>
> I filed a bugreport to fix it. It is the job of the maintainer to
> implement it;)

Yeah, ok, a quick reality check here. The mol maintainer died tragically in
july, leaving the package all but abandoned, i did jump in because nobody else
did and because mol was blocking the 2.6.12 kernel transition, and because i
used to work with Jens on the 2.6 powerpc kernel packages. I don't use mol and
am not interested in being the sole maintainer of it, except to make it build
with newer kernel packages, and did write so when i announced the mol 2.6.12
packages here, so read the mailing list archive.

The alternative being naturally to kick mol from the archive, or at least the
mol-modules, so they don't interfer with the kernel packages, as mol seems
abandoned upstream and there is no real interest in doing real maintainership
of them for debian, altough Otavio proposed himself.

Friendly,

Sven Luther