was Re: 2.6.14 USB vs. sleep issues

on the topic of sleeping. would it be possible to get dhclient to
renew at wake up?

or check the lease and renew. you know just in general do something.

currently ill put my ibook to sleep, then come back and the dhcp
router has reassigned the ip and woha! clash. ifdown eth0 ifup eth0

Dean

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
For those who experience crashes on sleep and/or wakeup (typically due
to USB) with 2.6.14, I made a test patch that might help. Please let me
know if it makes things more reliable.

http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/fix-ohci-sleep.diff

Note that the patch is totally untested here so it may be just plain
bogus :)

Ben.

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au