Re: ondemand and conservative scaling governors

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Antonio-M. Corbi Bellot wrote:

I sent this mail but didn't make into the list, so I'll repost:

Hi list:

I've been using ondemand or conservative governors in x86 without a
glitch sometime ago, but it seems I can't use them on ppc.

Eventhough I've the proper "cpufreq_*" modules loaded it seems the 'echo
ondemand >/sys/...." or "echo conservative >/sys/..." do not replace the
previous governor, but "echo userspace >/sys/..." or "echo performance
/sys/..." do the right thing as you can see :

Any idea why this doesn't work? maybe it's a known problem related to
the ppc arch.

It's a problem with the cpu model - I don't understand the details (something to do with latency), but you have to use powernowd, as you've found out.

Ken