Re: udev issue

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 07:00:37PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 the mental interface of
> Bin Zhang told:
>
> [...]
> > They told me this is a kernel problem:
> Thx  for info.
> There are 3 possibilities.
> udev bug -> discussed in 335710 and 333522
> modeprobe bug -> discussed in 333522
> kernel bug -> discussed nowhere
>
> Should we file a kernel-source bug?

its called linux-source now, and the right package to file a bug at is
linux-2.6 anyway.

> BTW I am running my kernels witout any stupid initrd stuff ;)

Too bad for you :)

Anyway, you use your self-compiled kernels, so this definitively is not a
kernel bug, so either kernel-package if you have it debianised, or the stuff
in the boot process which invokes depmod.

Friendly,

Sven Luther