Re: PowerBook G3 video resolution probs

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 03:15 +0100, Thomas Kühner wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I tried Ubuntu and Debian 3.1 on my PowerBook G3 Lombard. Both
> distribtutions have the same problem. The only resoultion available in
> X11 is 640x480 @ 30 or 29 Hz.

It's not the Open Firmware driver that should be used on those machines,
but the "atyfb" driver, which should normally pick up the right
resolution by default for your machine. Is this the case ?

This is for console setup. X is a different matter. So first of all,
check what driver you get in console (send me a dmesg log for example
along with the output of fbset -i and fbset -x).

Now, the X "ati" driver should pick up a panel size properly
automatically but it might not work, thus if it doesn't, you can then
re-use the modeline produced by fbset -x to configure X. What does your
X log says ?

Ben.