Re: Netboot install trouble on a blue and white G3.

On Friday 28 October 2005 15:03, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 02:01:32PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > It it me, or am I the only one that cares about netbooting an
> > installer on powermac...
>
> there are some quirks, i reinstalled my tibook using netboot, so it
> works, but ideally we should ship a working yaboot.conf for netboot
> in the netboot images.

You should also probably supply a yaboot in the netboot image directory:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/netboot/

> I used the attached yaboot.conf :

That looks similar to what I used, but yaboot (grabbed from the woody
installer directory) refused to load the initrd.gz in the directory
above.  I can see what error it gave again tonight if you'd like to
know.

Pat