Re: Powerbook G4 configure some stuff

Dimitrios Petris wrote:
> Hello!!
> I ve just bought my new powerbook G4 and installed debian linux on it
> but i seem to have some problems and seek for help.
> Firstly i don't know what type is my trackpad so i can make it work
> properly, because at this point it doesn't work at all.What can i do  to
> make it work?

Just enable appletouch in a 2.6.14 kernel. (Devices Drivers / USB
Support, Apple USB Touchpad support)

> Secondly i don't know what type of soundcard i have so i cann choose
> the right parameter in my kernel config.

It is a powermac sound card

> I also cannot make my internal modem work!

The internal modem isnt even detected here...

> And last is there any module to make the function keys for the  monitor
> brigthness and volume control etc to work as they do in MacOSX?

apt-get install pbbuttonsd for the brightness, volume control etc...

For the function key, you need a patch for 2.6.14 kernel which is in the
archives of this list.

There are few website that can help you. Please see:

http://seehuhn.de/comp/powerbook/
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/PowerBook/

--
Yves-Alexis Perez