making the Apple key work as Alt/Meta

Hi,

I reconfigured x.org with the macintosh layout, and now Ctrl-Option-F1
switches to the console, so that is fixed.  Could somebody please tell
me how to make the Command key (the one with a cloverleaf on it)
behave as Alt/Meta (eg switching windows with -Tab, work as Meta in
Emacs etc).  I tried xmodmap, and could not make it work.  I wonder if
it can be done in the xorg config file (with keyboard
variants/options), if so, would somebody please send me a copy?  Other
solutions would also interest me.  The machine is a Powerbook5,4.

Tamas

--
Bayesian statistics is difficult in the sense that thinking is difficult.
--Donald A. Berry, American Statistician 51:242 (1997)