SMP G4 Digital Audio with Radeon 9000.

Hi, I compiled 2.6.14-rc3 for a SMP G4 with Radeon 9000

I asked this question before and I was wondering if there was going to be an actual fix for this problem at some point. Or is this a bug in my machine? My Mac stops the boot process with the console messages:

found cpu 1
core99_setup_cpu 0 done

I think the kernel is supposed to switch over to the framebuffer at that point, and that is the reason the kernel stops booting. Should I stop using the framebuffer device?

Fred